- Stage 1: 11.34 m/s (25.4 mph)
- Stage 2: 15.17 m/s (33.9 mph)
- Stage 3: 11.77 m/s (26.3 mph)
- Stage 4: 11.42 m/s (25.5 mph)
- Stage 5: 12.58 m/s (28.1 mph)
- Stage 6: 12.04 m/s (26.9 mph)
- Stage 7: 10.72 m/s (24.0 mph)
Stage 2's team time trial clearly has the largest average speed. Today's Stage 7 has the smallest average speed. As I wrote in my last post, I'm surprised that my prediction for such a flat stage was 8% too fast. My colleague, Ben Hannas, suggests that riders might have been saving a little energy for the big climb awaiting them in Stage 8. That's a great suggestion! That's also not something I programmed into my computer code. It's tough to program human psychology!