06 December 2018

Recent Media Appearances

With all the posts I've written for the NFL plays I analyze each Sunday, I've been slow to post a few recent media appearances.  I had a blast talking about the Tiger vs Phil golf match on a recent Playing with Science episode.  One of our third-year physics majors and member of the University of Lynchburg golf team, Carter Old, helped me prepare.  You can listen to the episode with the link given below.
As you probably know, Phil won after four playoff holes.

I was asked by New Scientist to answer a question for their LAST WORD section.  They asked me about light skiers who compete in the ski jump.  It was great talking about a winter sport!  Click here for the online article, called "Ski slope catwalk."

At the end of November, I was approached by The Wall Street Journal to analyze charges taken by players who compete against Duke's talented freshman, Zion Williamson.  It was a blast analyzing some of his high-school and college film!  I doubt that kid will be in Durham next year.  Click here for the article.  The story appeared in the Thursday, 6 December 2018 issue of the paper.  Sports Illustrated then wrote about the story.  Click here for that link.

That's it for stuff in the past fortnight or so.  I'll try to keep up better in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment