25 August 2011

Interview on iTunes

On 28 July 2011, I was interviewed by Bruce Berglund of New Books in Sports, which is part of the New Books Network.  A brief story behind the interview may be found here.  The 62-minute interview became available at the New Books in Sports website on 24 August 2011.  It is also available on iTunes here.


The interview was a lot of fun!  Bruce and I discussed portions of my book, including Flutie's famous Hail Mary pass, laterals in American Football, soccer aerodynamics associated with Beckham's free kicks, Beamon's famous Olympic long jump, modeling the Tour de France, and what happens when a diver like Louganis enters the water (see my book cover).  We also talked about topics outside my book, like baseball flight physics and the controversies surrounding the Jabulani ball used in the 2010 World Cup.  I had a little time to talk about the 2011 Tour de France.


We closed the interview with discussion about my current work, namely my investigations into boundary-layer separation on a soccer ball.  As I mentioned in the interview, if there are young people out there wishing to do research in sports physics, think about studying in the physics department at Lynchburg College.

2 comments:

  1. Sir, I heard your interview with Bruce Bergland yesterday and I think it covered all the important aspects.Good for you.
    I hope your new book comes out as soon as possible and I am able to grab my copy of it.
    Wishing you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed the interview.

    ReplyDelete